Sunday 25 May 2014

My Daily Routine

Products used in most of my daily routines; bottom left shows eye look done for this post
So I thought a good way to start off my first beauty post (after my introductory post) was to show you all my every day basic routine! I was a bit afraid to do this because I wanted to show my before and after faces, but posting my naked face is so scary! But I shall bare all in the name of science...
This look is quiet neutral but still 'I put in a bit of effort'. 


So what have I got on my face you ask?

For the summer I have switched from my normal medium coverage foundation to a light BB cream. I use Catrice BB Allround Foundation Multi-Benefit Makeup (€6.49). I love this BB cream! Cheap and cheerful, it brightens my dull complexion and gives me enough coverage to feel comfortable and confident without feeling heavy and like it's gonna melt off my face. I have it in light beige. It also comes with SPF 30 which is great for me as SPF 10 or 20, like on other BB creams, would just not do it for my poor sunburn prone, paler-than-pale skin.While 1 of the 6 benefits of the BB cream is moisturisation, I still like to moisturise before I do my makeup; I have quite dry skin. I use Garnier Moisture Match Wake Me Up Revitalising Hydrating Gel (€7.99) for dull skin.
Under my eyes are a nightmare! I have very deep blue-purple circles and no amount of sleep or water seems to help. Not only that, but the skin is very dry and sensitive, so finding a concealing product can be quite tough. Enter Sleek Corrector and Concealer Palette (€6.49). I have this palette in #01, the lightest shade, and it has SPF 15 - yay! I love this product so much, I will be doing a full review for it soon, so keep an eye out for that. I then like to set everything with Rimmel Clear Complexion Transparent Powder (€5.95) and contour with Natural Collections Suntint Bronzing Powder (€2.49) in Sunshine.
While I don't mind skimping on bronzer, I LOVE my highlighters and that is an area I will splurge on. The luxury products in my make up bag are my Benefit highlighters. In this post, and most days, I use Girl Meets Pearl (€35).


Enough about the face, what about my eyes?

I love eyeshadows! There is so much room for creativity! I especially love when I find cheap eyeshadows that are as good quality as my expensive ones. MUA eyeshadow palettes are my favourite eyeshadow palettes for everyday (don't tell my Naked 3!). For everyday use I look to my MUA Heaven and Earth Palette and my MUA Matte Palette (both around €5 from Superdrug). Yes, you see that correctly, €5! These eye shadows last me all day with eyeshadow primer, but not even an expensive primer - I use Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base (€2.50). For mascara I always reach for Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Super Volume Mascara (€13), it's starting to run out now and I'm debating whether or not to switch it up and try something new....?


And lastly, whats on my lips?

For everyday wear around the house or walking the dogs, I do not use anything exciting, usually a nude Essence lipstick such as Essence Lipstick #63 Flattering Nude (€1.95). For college, day time social events and nights out I am obsessed with bright lips! I will be doing another post on all my favourite lip products (yay statement lips <3) soon!

So for the final reveal:
Before and After
I didn't mention all of the products used, as you can probably tell from the picture at the start of the post, as that would result in an even longer post (how could it be any longer?!). I will do a 5 product face or something similar soon as I did use quite a few things here.
That is all for now, please comment if you have used any of these products or want to recommend any!

Sarah

2 comments: